Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Bing Mobile comes to VZW Android Market

Finally Bing comes to the Android Market and is available to download.  Unfortunately for now it will only be available to Verizon Wireless users.  Word is Bing should be coming to everyone in the coming months.  Really it is no surprise that Verizon gets first dibs.  Verizon and Microsoft had a deal a year or so ago to provide all Verizon phones with Bing search.

I just downloaded it and for a first try it looks pretty streamlined.  Although I already noticed that my GPS location is off by quite a ways and after checking Google Maps (which is spot on) I know I will continue to use Google Maps.

This is great!  I love having options on how I search and receive information.  A good place to go if you want more information is the Bing Community website.  I would love to hear from other people who have downloaded and used Bing on their android devices.

By Chase Thompson
Source Bing Community

No comments:

Post a Comment